2023 FBA Season
The 2022–23 FBA season is the IC 62th/OOC 14th season of the Furry Basketball Association (FBA). The league was overseen by Commissioner Hugo Livingstone for a sixth season. The regular season begins on Monday, October 31st, 2022 with the traditional Howlereen Invitational game, and ended on Sunday, April 30th, 2023, with the 2023 FBA All-Star Game scheduled at the end of February.
- Texas Lone Stars relocate to Wilsonville, Oregon, and rebranded as the Oregon Swashbucklers.
- Arizona Whips move to Yuma, Arizona, and rebranded as the Arizona Demons.
- Edmonton Totems have rebranded as the Edmonton Excavators
- Western Conference Divisions are reorganized following the move of the Oregon Swashbucklers.
The following players declared their retirement from active player status in the league:
- Narkissa Kassius
- Beau Dapremont
- Mike Rising
- Derek Kim
- Andreas Kokkinos
- Devon Kellendyne
- Keitaro Kurosaki
- Augustin Benoit
Free agency offers open shortly after 12:01am CDT on September 1st. Players are able to begin accepting offers after the end of the first round of the 2022 FBA Draft. The offer window closed at 11:59pm PDT on September 30th, 2022, while players had until 11:59pm PDT on October 7th, 2022, to finalize their contract decisions.
The preseason will be held from October 16th through October 29th, 2022, with a maximum of 4 preseason games allowed per team.
The regular season begins on October 31st, 2022 and will end on April 30th, 2023. For the majority of the season, teams alternated which days they would be playing games, with some extended breaks in between matches. Every team had at least one set of back-to-back home games, while half of the Western Conference teams also had a set of back-to-back home games.
- (#) - Magic number for team to clinch division/conference
- z – Clinched home court advantage for the entire playoffs
- c – Clinched home court advantage for the conference playoffs
- y – Clinched division title
- x – Clinched playoff spot
- † – teams banned from this season's playoffs due to rule violations
At the end of the regular season, winners will be determined for the following six awards: Most Valuable Player, Most Improved Player, Defensive Player of the Year, Sixth Fur of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Coach of the Year. During the regular season, players will also be recognized for their efforts and talents while other players are also highlighted for setting records during the regular season.
One veteran and one rookie are selected for the monthly honors of being the featured player and rookie in the league.